MHA graduates are innovative thinkers and natural leaders, with an eye toward the future of health care.
Most MHA students complete the program as mid-career professionals working in the health care sector. Graduating with their MHA degree affords students the career mobility to explore new areas of work in a leadership capacity within their current organization or another employer.
Examples of roles held by MHA graduates:
- Business Analyst, Providence Health Care
- Executive Director, SafeCare BC
- Director, Mental Health Program, Providence Health Care
- Supervisor, Echocardiography Lab, Vancouver Island Health Authority
- Clinical Project Manager, C&W Redevelopment Project
- Clinical Facilities Planner, Fraser Health Authority
- Director, Clinical Quality and Patient Safety, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Director, Clinical Operations, BC Cancer Agency
- Manager, Premier Home Care Services
- Corporate Director, Enterprise Risk Management, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Associate Director, Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership, UK
The MHA partners with provincial agencies, local and national organizations to provide students with meaningful learning opportunities, both while in the program and as alumni.
- Health Authorities
Our close relationships with provincial health authorities and government agencies fosters connections for our students to potential internships and research projects, along with access to guest speakers and workshops.
- Canadian College of Health Care leaders (CCHL)
The alliance between the MHA and CCHL demonstrates the College’s and UBC’s commitment to fostering leadership development for health leaders. The alliance allows UBC School of Population & Public Health students in the Masters of Health Administration program to fulfill their requirements for the Certified Health Executive designation while earning their MHA degree.
- Emerging Health Leaders (EHL)
Each year, the MHA partners with the EHL Vancouver Chapter to offer educational events and workshops and mentoring relationships, all designed to enhance networking opportunities for new health professionals, by new health professionals.