The Continuing Education Program delivers professional development opportunities for health professionals with a commitment to maintaining and enhancing professional competence. Taking these courses enables students to learn about best practices and the latest research findings in their field, while networking with researchers and professional peers.
We welcome opportunities to collaborate and encourage prospective partners in continuing professional education to contact us.
Other courses on offer:
Our courses target occupational and environmental health and safety professionals and are accepted by these credentialing organizations with certification maintenance programs:
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) Certified Industrial Hygienists
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) Canadian Registered Safety Professionals
- Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists (CRBOH) Registered Occupational Hygienists
- Canadian Society of Safety Engineers (CSSE) Certified Health & Safety Consultants
- Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors (CIPHI) Public Health Inspectors
We also develop and present customized workshops that fit the training needs of organizations. Examples include:
- Indoor Environmental Quality 1-Day Refresher (Vancouver Coastal Health, Environmental Health)
- Indoor air quality: identification, assessment and management (Simon Fraser Health Region, BC)
- Indoor air quality in schools: identification, assessment and management (British Columbia Public Employers’ Association)
- Air quality and health impact assessment (BC Ministry of Environment: Water, Air and Climate Change Branch)