Find your career path in public health and preventive medicine
Trained to address public health challenges in an age of globalization, our PHPM-trained physician-specialists work in a broad range of settings and environments.
As medical health officers, epidemiologists, policy-makers, regulators, researchers, population health clinicians, and more, our graduates have been employed by:
- Health authorities across Canada (e.g. Vancouver Coastal Health, First Nations Health Authority)
- Provincial and territorial agencies and ministries of health (e.g. BC Centre for Disease Control, the Government of Nova Scotia, the Government of Nunavut)
- Academic institutions (e.g. UBC)
- Federal government departments (e.g. Health Canada, the Public Health Agency of Canada, and the Department of National Defence)
- International organizations (e.g. the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the International Committee of the Red Cross, the World Health Organization)
- And many more
If you bring the passion, determination, and desire, the PHPM Residency Program will provide you the broad base of knowledge and skills necessary to set your own career path.
Our alumni are setting a bright path