Once you’ve been admitted, follow these next steps for new students to the MHA Program.
1. Accept your offer
Upon receipt of an offer of admission, you will also receive instructions for the $1,000 CAD acceptance deposit (non-refundable and non-transferable). This deposit will be credited towards your tuition.
Our staff is here to help ensure that your transition into the program is a smooth one. We are pleased to answer any questions you may have and invite you to contact the program for advising.
2. Register for your courses
SPHA (Master of Health Administration) courses are reserved for students in the program. Students must register for all the courses in the program as every course is required for the degree. To register for your courses:
- Follow the step-by-step instructions in the Student Service Centre (SSC) to register for your courses. You will also find video tutorials for the registration system.
- Your course registration is linked to Canvas, UBC’s online Learning Management System.
Attendance: A reminder that attendance is expected of all students for all scheduled class times.
3. Pay your tuition fees
Check your fee amounts and due dates and pay fees online through the SSC. Annual tuition fees are divided into three instalments, due in September, January and May. Your acceptance deposit will be applied as a credit against the first tuition instalment.
4. Update your personal information
We need important information from you to ensure that program staff and faculty can contact you.
- You can add/change your personal information, including your preferred email and preferred name, online at the Student Services Centre website anytime.
- Class lists, access to online resources, and grades are generated using an internal UBC database. Email will be the primary method of contact and access to most UBC systems are through CWL.
5. Attend a Graduate Student Orientation